The great thing about these little pancakes is that they can be whipped up in a jiffy. So, should the family wake on a Sunday morning and all fancy pancakes, I can happily pop into the kitchen and throw a batter together without any hassle. This is exactly what happened last week and we enjoyed them piping hot with Maple Syrup that we’d brought all the way back from our trip to Canada this summer.
250g/1 cup Self Raising Flour
250ml/1 cup Milk or soya milk
1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
1tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Caster Sugar
- Add the lemon juice to the milk and leave whilst measuring out other ingredients (to thicken and sour milk … can be done without though)
- In a jug add flour bicarb and sugar, add egg to milk and pour onto dry ingredients, beat with whisk until smooth.
- Leave to stand for 10mins for mixture to thicken.
- Heat frying pan (I use spray oil to grease)
- Pour three scones at a time, they’re read to turn when the bubbles pop and the surface looks dry, you’ll only need 30 seconds on the 2nd side
- Tah-Dah! Breakfasts Ready!!!!!