If you’ve not see my Delicious Gluten Free Christmas Cake blog entry, you won’t have realised this gorgeous Christmas Pudding is the product of experimentation with the NEW Delicious Alchemy Christmas Fruit Cake Mix. I love to play with recipes that I find and when I saw this mix I knew I could do something exciting with it so I made two festive bakes for the price of one!
To see my Delicious Christmas Cake follow the link and you too could have a cute cake perfect for a small gathering and a Christmas Pudding that serves 4 on Christmas Day.
1 650g packet Delicious Alchemy Christmas Cake Mix
110g unsalted butter
2 large eggs (3 medium)
50g grated carrot
150g sweet mincemeat
50g chopped/flaked almonds
2tbsp brandy (plus more to soak the pudding)
1tsp baking powder
- Make the Delicious Alchemy mixture as directed on the packet.
- Divide the mixture into two, approx 400g each.
- Using one 400g add the grated carrot, mincemeat, almonds, brandy and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 1ltr glass bowl and pour in the mixture.
- pleat a piece of greaseproof paper to allow for expansion and repeat with a piece of foil…
- Tie the foil and greaseproof in place with some string and add to a large pan of water, the water should come halfway up the side of the bowl.
- Steam for 3 hours – MAKE SURE YOU KEEP TOPPING UP THE WATER! … unlike me who got engrossed with a Skype call and allowed it to almost boil dry!
- The Christmas Pudding in the photo was turned out for presentation purposes, but rest assured, it is now back in it’s bowl and will be fed a tablespoon of brandy each week now until Christmas.
- To reheat, simply steam for 40mins.