I’m in a gang! Me! Oh it’s not a gang that hangs about on corners looking shifty (for the record these are more commonly known as teenagers and are 9 times out of 10 just being teenagers, nothing dodgy at all!) I digress, the gang I’m in have the same goal in common; we all blog about free from foods. When you get a moment, pop on over to their sites, we make up quite a diverse bunch, we cover allergies, dairy free, vegan, gluten free, eczma, asthma, autism spectrum, anxiety and being a parent in general. [links to be found at the bottom of this post once you’ve kindly left a comment – ooh cheeky!]
Now for why you clicked in the first place PANCAKES! cor, everyone loves pancakes right? Collectively our gang are all whisking up magic in the kitchen to bring to you a delectable feast of simple, no frills pancakes for you to try out this Shrove Tuesday (or everyday for breakfast, I won’t judge!) So far we’ve had Renee from Mummy Tries and her Ultimate Gluten & Dairy Free Pancakes, Vicki from Free From Fairy with her Pancakes in a Jar (two ways), Nath from Intolerant Gourmand with her Perfect Free From Pancakes and Emma from Free From Farmhouse with her Vegan and Gluten Free Chia Seed Pancakes.
Now it’s my turn and I had an idea on Monday, tested it out all day on Tuesday, perfected it and filmed it on Thursday so here you have it; Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Egg Free Apple & Cinnamon Pancakes.
- 50 g apple puree
- 80 g gluten free self raising flour I used Free From Fairy SR Flour
- 80 ml dairy free milk I used almond milk
- 20 ml cold water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- I always have cooking apples in the freezer so was able to cook up some fresh and puree them, if you don't have any cookers to hand you can use apple pie filling or puree from a jar.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or a smoothie mixer and whizz for 30 seconds until completely blended.
- Heat a good trustworthy frying pan and if necessary add a teeny bit of oil (I use coconut, but to be fair my pan doesn't need to be oil for this type of pancake)
- Pour a dollop of mixture into the centre of the pan, you're aiming for a circle the size of a drinks coaster!
- Fry until the topside appears dry and all the tiny air bubbles have popped.
- Flip the pancake over and fry for about 30 seconds
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up; approx 8 times
Vicki – The Free From Fairy
Reneé – Mummy Tries
Nath – ‘The Intolerant Gourmand’
Emma – ‘Free From Farmhouse’
Nova – ‘Cherished by Me’
Laura – ‘Dairy Free Kids’
Midge – ‘The Peachicks Bakery’
Eb – ‘Easy Peasy Foodie’
Jo – ‘Paleo Crust’