I feel a bit cheeky adding this naturally gluten free 5 minute Lemon Meringue recipe to the blog but it was a quick alternative to a Chocolate Goo Pudding I made for a dinner party with my sister and her family. Not every one is a chocolate fan so this was quick and easy to make … plus it meant there were twice as many puddings so a few of us got to have a sneaky second sweet treat which can’t be a bad thing now can it?
The packet of meringue nests is something I often have in the back of the food cupboard, they often sell them in Aldi and where they’re in stock I fill the trolley with them. I’d recommend everyone else did the same, think of the endless pudding options all because of a meringue base! We’ve had these in the form of Eton Mess, Chocolate & Cream Surprise, Berries & Cream, even served with a mango coolie… have fun with different combinations.
- 1 packet of ready made meringue nests x8
- Lemon Curd
- 300 ml Double/Whipping Cream
- Chocolate to grate on top or sprinkles, lemon zest will do just as nicely
- combine 2 heaped dessert spoons of lemon curd with 4 dessert spoons of cream.
- Spoon into the meringue nests.Lemon Meringue Nests
- Whip the remaining cream and pop into a piping bag with a large nozzle.
- Pipe cream onto of lemon mixture, top with decoration of your choice and chill in the fridge until needed.
[su_carousel source=”media: 1489,1488,1485″ width=”650″ height=”250″ title=”no”]