No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
This No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is made gluten free with a delicious spiced biscuit base and it's also dairy free and vegan too. A delicate pumpkin flavour topping with that tell-tale warmth of Pumpkin Spice. Dairy-filled option available too.
Servings: 12 slices
For the biscuit base
- 300 g Schar Spekulatius Biscuits or you can use digestives with cinnamon & ginger
- 80 g butter I use Flora Plant Butter blocks
For the cheesecake topping
- 150 ml whipping cream I use Food Heaven's DF Heavenly Sweetened Cream 1ltr carton
- 170 g cream cheese I use own brand dairy free cream cheese
- 150 g pumpkin puree I use tinned/canned pumpkin for the colour
- 50 g butter Flora Plant Butter
- 50 g TREX white solid vegetable fat/shortening
- 100 g icing sugar confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
For the cream decoration (optional)
- 50 ml whipping cream DF Heavenly Cream
- 50 g white chocolate drops I use own brand DF chocolate drops
For the caramel shards (optional)
To make the biscuit base
Add the biscuits to a food processor and blitz into crumbs. If you don't have a processor you could use a plastic bag and a rolling pin or like I do sometimes and use a large bowl and the end of the rolling pin
Melt the 80g of 'butter' and add to the biscuit crumbs and mix to combine.
Pour butter crumb mixture into a 20cm loose bottom cake tin that you've lined with a circle of greaseproof paper.
Using the back of a spoon or spatula smooth the crumbs until you have a solid flat biscuit base. Then pop into the fridge to chill whilst you crack on with the cheesecake topping.
To make the pumpkin cheesecake topping
In a mixing bowl whip the 'cream' until light a fluffy.
Melt the TREX and 'butter' in the microwave and set aside to cool a little.
Using a separate large bowl, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, icing sugar and spices.
Now add the melted fat to the cream cheese bowl and whisk to combine.
Finally, add the pumpkin cream cheese mixture to the whipped 'cream' and whisk until thick and smooth.
Remove the base from the fridge and pour your pumpkin cheesecake topping into the cake tin, smoothing the mixture with a spatula
Return to the fridge while for at least 4 hours - however, I try to make my cheesecake the day before so it's in the fridge overnight.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 2653IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg