For those of you who have been here before you’ll think this is a bit of deja vu, rest assured, there’s no glitch in the Matrix, this is a different Bliss Ball inspired by Free From Fairies Strawberry Bliss Balls, same principle, same ratios (sort of) but different ingredients. These gluten and dairy free bliss balls are made with blueberries and something told me that cashews and almonds would make an excellent combination and I was right, these no sugar mini treats have a delicate marzipan taste to them which is one of my favourite flavours. Give these a go, I promise you won’t be disappointed. Here’s my version of the Strawberry Bliss Balls
- 100 g blueberries
- 50 g cashews
- 50 g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- desiccated coconut to coat
- Simply add the first three ingredients to a blander and whizz until the mixture is grainy
- Add the coconut flour and repeat blending until incorporated
- Using a teaspoon take small spoons of mixture and roll into a ball, a little smaller than a walnut
- Roll in a plate of desiccated coconut.
- Pop on a tray and place in the fridge for at least 30mins to chill
Once chilled I pop these little bites into an airtight Tupperware container in the fridge, this prevents the balls taking on odours from the fridge and keeps them firm.