You’ll love these mini Easter Nests and they’re a perfect craft to do with the kiddies to keep them occupied for at least half an hour during the Easter holidays! I’ve been opening the breakfast cupboard every morning for the past month wondering when Bethany will finish the last two Gluten Free Nutribix in the box so that I can put something else in it’s place! Yes I could have eaten them myself, either for a breakfast or suppertime snack or crumbled it into one of my smoothies, but I can guarantee that the second I did, Beth would develop a desire for a bowl of Nutribix! She goes through fazes you see and now that I’ve been proactive and used the last two up…she’ll be wanting them again now.
- 100 g Milk Chocolate
- 25 g Unsalted Butter
- 2 Nutribix biscuits
- Gluten Free Chocolate eggs to decoarate
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl either in the microwave or over a pan of hot water.
- For this next step you'll need to work quickly as the chocolate mixture will start to solidify.
- Crumble both Nutribix biscuits into the chocolate mixture and stir quickly but carefully, trying to avoid breaking the flakes up too much.
- Scoop a teaspoonful of the mixture at a time into a petit fours case.
- with the end of the spoon or your finger, make a dent in the mixture to resemble a nest-like shape.
- Add a decoration of your choice, ideally three mini Easter eggs of if you wish maybe add a little chick decoration.
This recipe doubles up easily so if 9-10 mini nests are simply not enough for your little bunnies then double the ingredients to make 18-20.
Like the look of these adorable Easter Nests? You’ll love these;