Two for the price of one, with this baked doughnuts recipe I am spoiling you! I’ve been wanting to make doughnuts for a while since getting my new Lakeland Baked Doughnut Moulds in the winter sale (update: sadly these are no longer produced but I’ve added an alternative product here* and other suitable products below). I’m a bit like a kiddie in a sweetie shop at the moment because I cannot physically keep up with my mind racing at what I can choose to make yet verses the hours I have in the day to do it, I have THE BIGGEST to-do-list imaginable and a Pinterest wall that’s fit to burst, one board is called Not GF…Yet! It’s exactly that, not gluten free just yet but one day by-Jove it will be!
How times do change – egg free baked doughnut recipe now needed!
this is my original text for this post;
I don’t like to pinch people’s idea and not give credit, it’s not my style so this idea was inspired by Paula’s Baked Vanilla Donut recipe at Call Me PMC but it was neither gluten nor dairy free. I decided on this occasion not to go the whole hog and go egg free too but if you comment below to indicate you’d be interested in an egg free version, I’ll give it a fair old crack of the whip.
Oh bless my cotton socks, I DO need an egg free version now so this recipe has been updated and I’m pleased to report the taste and texture is practically the same. At this time I’d like to point out that I do still have this baked doughnut recipe on the website that does have egg in it if you’d prefer; Easy Gluten Free Ring Doughnuts.
Decoration Ideas for your Baked Doughnuts
With the wonderous toppings that Krispy Kreme have to offer I don’t blame you for wanting to have something that bit special too so why not try these decoration ideas
Like the idea of these Vegan Baked Doughnuts, you’ll love these too
I have lots of tea time treats on the website now so if you’re looking for a bakery-style baked good that hits the sweet spot when you fancy something a bit special then I recommend you check these recipes out too. There’s my Easy Gluten Free Apple Turnovers with a hint of cinnamon that my son loves so much ha asked for them instead of birthday cake! Then you have these show stopping Gluten Free Cream Horns – a real teatime treat that aren’t actually as difficult as you’d expect and finally how about my Danish Treacle Tarts: Gluten Free and Vegan
Vegan Baked Doughnuts Recipe
If you make it and like the recipe I would be eternally grateful if you popped back and commented leaving a star rating as this will tell search engines that this recipe is worth checking out and others will get to find it in searches.
Vegan Baked Doughnuts
- 100 g gluten free plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder (optional) you can use xanthan gum instead
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g dairy free yogurt I used Alpro Soya yogurt
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze topping:
- 25 g dairy free ‘milk’ chocolate melted
- 4 tbsp icing/confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk I used soya milk
For the jammy doughnut:
- 3 tbsp jam
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C | 160°C Fan | 350°F | Gas 4.
- I like the one bowl no faffing method so simply pop all your ingredients into the mixing bowl and combine until to achieve a smooth batter.
- Getting the mixture into the moulds can be a bit fiddly so to make things simple why not put the mixture into a piping bag, this is especially easier if you're making the ring doughnut version.
- Fill each mould 3/4 full.
- Pop into the oven for 15 minutes (only 10 mins if using smaller moulds).
- Once baked (the doughnut will have a light spring to the touch when ready) remove and cool in mould for 5mins before turning out onto cooling rack.
- When completely cool make your glaze and leave to set
To make jam filled doughnuts
- If making jam doughnuts make a hole in the side of the doughnut (I use a skewer and wiggle it about a bit) then using a piping bag with a thin round nozzle, pipe the jam into the doughnut – bit fiddly this, but have patience!
- Now you can decorate your doughnuts as you see fit, glazed, dusted in icing sugar or caster sugar.
I love to see your own photos of my bakes, dinners and treats head to your favourite social media account and don’t forget to tag me in @glutarama
Subscribe to my email list so that you get NEW recipes straight in your mailbox every Friday PLUS a FREEBIE and access to some amazing gluten free DISCOUNTS
*disclaimer: I use affiliate codes on my website, the vast majority are to Amazon. If you click on any of the links or images in the post and make a purchase my family will benefit from a small % of that purchase at no extra cost to you, in fact, for full transparency, in 2020 I made my first £25, and recently in 2022 I reached my next £25 (Amazon don’t transfer the money until you reach £25). As you can see, it won’t make me a millionaire but it will treat me to a few coffees, Lord knows I need the caffeine!