I saw a Tweet from Delicious Alchemy the other day practically giving their Gluten & Dairy Free Oaty Cookie Mix away at only 99p in the Sale! Naturally I bought three packets, but as I’d already made the cookies to the exact recipe (with the little addition of chocolate chips) I decided to try some of my own alchemy and made some delicious raw cookie truffles, however, as I watched the truffles stand to attention on their skewers as the chocolate coating hardened, I realised that these would make the ideal Cake Pops for children (big and small).
These would work equally as well if you added a tot of brandy or rum, I’d suggest replacing 15ml of the water for 15ml (1 tbsp) of alcohol… this makes 16 truffles.
This is so simple yet incredibly effective. Eveyone is bound to be impressed with these delicious sweet treats that are gluten free, and can easily be made dairy free and vegan juy by swapping out the butter.
- 1 packet Oaty Cookie Mix
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 30 g dessicated coconut
- 80 g unsalted butter (or dairy free alternative)
- 30 ml water
- 100 g each of milk , dark and white chocolate chopped and melted in separate bowls (you can use free from chocolate for this)
- Add the Oaty Mix, coconut and cocoa to a bowl
- Add the butter and water to a cup and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (if adding alcohol, add this straight to the dry mix)
- Pour melted butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Turn out onto work surface and roll into a ball (no need to flour surface)
- Divide mixture in half, then half again and continue until you have 16 lumps of dough, roll each lump into a ball.
- Cool in the fridge for at least 30mins.
- Once cooled, insert skewer into each truffle in preparation for coating.
- Coat each ball with your chosen chocolate (I did 5x milk, 5x dark and 6x white)
- If you have stackable cooling racks you can use these as a stand for your pops/truffles whilst they cool and harden.
- If you wish you can add another drizzle of alternating chocolate for that professional touch!
I guarantee friends and family will be super impressed at these tasty morsels,
just don’t let on how super easy they are to make!