I have at least two suppliers of homegrown rhubarb and am forever grateful! I’ve come up with a few recipes on this blog [see suggested page links at the footer of this post] and you really can’t beat the humble fruit Crumble (that rhymes!) But I’ve been wanting to try making muffins without cases recently, more so due to the fact that I’ve brought a batch of cases that seems to stick like glue to the cake and you end up eating the paper, not that this is an issue for my daughter Bethany, who, if you’ve read other posts in this blog, you’ll know has pica so what’s a bit of paper when she nibbles on brick and pencil lead! Anyhoo, I digress, no cake cases, fresh out of the oven muffins….what’s not to like?
- 115 g plain gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 80 g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 175 ml milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 150 g rhubarb chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190C or Gas 5
- Spray a muffin tin liberally with oil
- Mix in a large bowl all the ingredients leaving out the rhubarb until smooth
- Fold in the chopped rhubarb
- Spoon or better still transfer to a jug and pour into 9 of the muffin tins, filling up almost to the top
- Bake in the oven for 25mins, these will go a lovely deep golden brown.
- Once cooked (you will get a slight bounce to the touch and a toothpick will come out clean) leave to cool for 5-10mins before trying to get out of the tins.
- Use a rounded knife to free the muffins from the edges and pop out of the tin.
- Allow to cool completely once free form the tin.
[su_carousel source=”media: 2183,2184″ height=”200″ title=”no”]