I owe thanks to my darling friend Katharine for this dairy free Homemade Baileys Pumpkin Spice liqueur. It was after she Whatsapped me a photo of her original version and (after I rolled my tongue back in and closed my mouth) I decided that I too must have access to this delicious sounding tipple. I’ve since realised that we can actually get it here in the UK for a limited time only but that still doesn’t solve the dairy issue.
Can you make Baileys dairy free?
Yes is the short answer. I’ve made dairy free Homemade Baileys original before with much success and it’s proven to be a rather popular post. In fact the post went live at the beginning of December last year. Quite simply, I couldn’t go another Christmas without my favourite cream liqueur and once I’d tried the Baileys Almande™ drink (adding to my disappointment) I knew I had to make my own version and stop relying on someone else to do it for me.
Please note that I really like the Almande™ drink, it’s a lovely light cream liqueur but for me it’s more on par with a Pina Colada, not a thick luxurious creamy liqueur like Baileys original. The taste isn’t the same either, it’s really a different drink altogether but made by the trademark Baileys.
How to make vegan condensed milk for this Baileys recipe
Dairy Free and Vegan Condensed Milk Recipe
Oh and while I think of it, you will probably love my Chocolate Orange Baileys; homemade and dairy free recipe too!
Anyhoo, now that I’ve made this I’ve got plans for more flavours and (hic) really don’t mind doing all the recipe development necessary (hic) until I get it absolutely perfect (hic).
Never miss out again…
Sign up to my weekly Friday newsletter and not only get a FREE e-Book (currently my Gluten Free & Vegan Cookbook) but also get VIP subscriber discounts on free from goodies delivered to your door. Join me in my journey and learn to make anything gluten free.
Can I use this homemade dairy free Baileys for other recipes?
Once you’ve made your own Bailey’s the choices are endless, pour over dairy free ice cream as a treat or use to make my Gluten Free Bailey’s Baked Cheesecake, simply swap the ricotta cheese for a dairy free cream cheese. I also happen to know that any of my Bailey’s recipes are fantastic in a coffee!
Actually, as another idea, why not make this Pumpkin Spice Baileys and give it to someone as a gift either to celebrate Autumn, Fall, Christmas or Thanksgiving depending on what part of the world you are in.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Baileys Recipe
If you make it and like the recipe I would be eternally grateful if you popped back and commented leaving a star rating as this will tell search engines that this recipe is worth checking out and others will get to find it in searches.
Dairy Free Homemade Baileys Pumpkin Spice
- 400 ml tin Coconut Milk needs to be 70% or over in coconut extract
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 250 ml Whisky
- 250 ml Soya Milk
- 250 ml Soya Cream
- 2 tbsp Choc Shot
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ginger
To make the condensed ‘milk’
- Tip the contents of the tinned coconut milk into a large saucepan.
- Add the 200g caster sugar and stir to combine, the liquid may appear lumpy unless you buy the creamed milk version, don’t worry if it is lumpy.
- Turn the hob onto full heat and stir until all the coconut lumps have melted, then leave to boil for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally as the liquid reduces. You want to keep the liquid at a rapid/rolling boil stage (bubbles rolling into the centre of the pan from the edges)
- Remove the pan from the heat after 20 minutes, pour into a jug and set on a window sill to cool.
- This makes roughly 250ml of condensed ‘milk’ once it’s reduced.
To make the Pumpkin Spice Cream
- Simply add all other ingredients to a blender.
- Add the cooled condensed ‘milk’ and blend.
- Pour into a 1ltr container, it should just fit perfectly to the top of the bottle, if not I top it up with soya milk or whisky (it depends on how naughty I’m feeling) Pop in the fridge and serve over ice when cooled.
Click to save my Dairy Free Homemade Baileys Pumpkin Spice
And one last thing! I’ve linked my Dairy Free Homemade Bailey’s Pumpkin Spice with these other awesome bloggers pages, go check them out
*disclaimer: I use affiliate codes on my website, the vast majority are to Amazon. If you click on any of the links or images in the post and make a purchase my family will benefit from a small % of that purchase at no extra cost to you, in fact, for full transparency, in 2020 I made my first £25, and in 2021 I clocked up £16.05 – so it won’t make me a millionaire but it will treat me to a few coffees, Lord knows I need the caffeine!