I just looked on my website to make my banana bread and couldn’t believe I’ve never posted it on here – bizarre! That’s one of the most regular bakes that I do for the family, we seems to like the idea of bananas and buy huge bunches of them, but unless I’m on one of my ‘smoothie-a-day’ weeks they just don’t get eaten before they turn black and start to attract fruit flies! On this occasion,the reason I checked the website is because I was sure I’d made a dairy free one before too and wanted to check if I’d posted it, clearly not, so here it is now…
- 4 large over ripe Bananas
- 100 g Raisin
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 200 g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 100 ml Oil sunflower/vegetable
- 30-50 g Demerera Sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Grease and line the bottom of a 2lb loaf tin.
- Add the bananas to a large bowl and mash with a fork - my bananas were so ripe it was like squeezing toothpaste out of a tube!
- Add all the remaining ingredients and beat together.
- Tip into loaf tin and sprinkle with demerera sugar for that extra caramel crunchy topping.
- Add a foil dome [see pictures below] to prevent the tops of the loaf from catching.
- Cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 15 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean)
Lovely served still warm with custard or left to cool and enjoyed for a teatime/supper treat.
Like this Banana Bread recipe, how about trying these others;
This post contains affiliate links -at no cost to you but if you do click on the links Glutarama get a few pennies – thank you x