I am so glad I made these Gluten Free Chewy Granola Bites. Why?
Because they ended up tasting like Gluten Free Double Deckers, don’t you just love it when that happens, you’re making one thing and you discover it’s so much better than you imagined! Blowing my own trumpet a bit there I know, sickening really but I love Double Deckers and Beth’s never tried one so this was more of a personal triumph than anything.
I used the NEW Nutty Granola from Delicious Alchemy to make this recipe, I was lucky enough to be sent a bag from the lovelies who work behind these scenes (they’ve nicknamed me Glutey, which I adore!) …I had the idea for the chewy bites as soon as the granola arrived so was thrilled to see that our local Sainsbury’s now stock Delicious Alchemy so I was able to buy a packet to enjoy for breakfast with Bethany, and very delicious it is too!
- 150 g milk chocolate
- 100 g marshmallows
- 150 g granola
- 30 g butter
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a jug in the microwave (or in a pan on the hob), this happens really quickly so don't take your eyes of them.
- Add the granola to the melted marshmallows, leave a little of the granola to top eat bite if you wish.
- In a bowl melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a pan of simmering boiled water.
- Using a well greased/sprayed mini muffin/petit fours tin spoon teaspoons of the granola mixture into each mould. I have a cup of water handy to dip the spoons into to lessen the stickiness!
- Press the mixture down to shape it.
- Pour the melted chocolate over each bite and sprinkle with the remaining granola.
- Pop into the fridge for an hour to set.
- When set use a rounded knife to gently tease the bites out of their moulds.